Residential Treatment for Anxiety Disorders
BrightQuest provides comprehensive treatment for severe anxiety disorders.
Anxiety disorders can be devastating. They can thwart efforts to form or maintain relationships, enjoy career success, or find personal happiness. This makes it difficult to live comfortably and freely, as they struggle unsuccessfully to manage the chronic distress and uneasiness that interferes with daily functioning. The good news is that residential treatment for anxiety disorders can be very effective. At BrightQuest, our comprehensive treatment program can enhance, enlighten, and empower the recovery efforts of individuals with severe anxiety issues—offering real hope for change to those who are ready to work hard to regain their independence.
Inpatient Treatment for Anxiety Disorders at BrightQuest
Up to 40 million Americans will meet the diagnostic criteria for an anxiety disorder in any given year, which represents about 18 percent of the adult population. But people with anxiety disorders often suffer in silence. Unfortunately, only about one-third of adults with the symptoms of an anxiety disorder will receive treatment for their condition.
Our inpatient treatment program for anxiety disorders at BrightQuest San Diego and BrightQuest Nashville allows clients to acquire the most effective care possible tailored to their individual needs. With staff support and availability 24 hours per day, you can be sure your loved one’s needs are always taken care of. There are several components that make our unique BrightQuest model so successful.
- Admissions Process and Comprehensive Assessment. We provide robust in-depth assessments into our admissions process to ensure accurate diagnoses and the most appropriate level of care.
- We Treat the Family. We engage the entire family in treatment so that they can become more successful in navigating life with a loved one experiencing major depression.
- Inclusive Therapeutic Community and Levels of Care. We provide clients appropriate structure, supervision, and support as they progress through treatment in a safe environment that fosters responsibility, accountability, and social connectedness.
- Lasting Behavioral Change. We offer clients the tools, skills, and support necessary to attain greater stability and independence with the confidence and courage to live a healthy, happy, and productive life.
Anxiety Disorders We Treat
The anxiety disorders we treat at BrightQuest include:
- Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD). Men and women with GAD suffer from chronic anxiety, which may be intense and overwhelming even though it often has no apparent cause.
- Social anxiety disorder. Social anxiety disorder causes intense, intimidating, and disabling fear of social interactions and the reactions and judgments of other people.
- Panic disorder. Panic disorder can be diagnosed in anyone who experiences severe panic attacks, which can generate grievous fear and avoidance of situations believed to provoke panic symptoms.
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). At its worst, OCD can leave a person trapped in an endless cycle of ritual behavior and obsessive preoccupations, making normal functioning impossible.
Anxiety and Co-Occurring Disorders
The most frequently diagnosed co-occurring conditions in men and women with anxiety disorders include:
- Depression. Depressive disorders are by far the most common co-occurring condition among individuals with anxiety disorders. In about half of all cases , a person diagnosed with an anxiety disorder will have a previous history of depression.
- Bipolar disorder. Formerly known as manic depression, this condition is another mood disorder that frequently develops before, after, or concurrently with the onset of an anxiety disorder. Among people with bipolar disorder, co-occurring anxiety disorders are the most common comorbid conditions.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Trauma and stressor-related disorders like PTSD may occur simultaneously with anxiety disorders. PTSD is often associated with exceptionally high levels of anxiety, making those who have it vulnerable to panic attacks and other disabling reactions.
- Personality disorders. Cluster C personality disorders, which are associated with anxious and fearful responses and behavior, are more often diagnosed alongside anxiety disorders than other such conditions. Among Cluster C conditions, avoidant personality disorder is most frequently diagnosed among individuals with anxiety disorders.
- Substance use disorders. One long-term study found that 15 percent of men and women diagnosed with anxiety disorders had developed symptoms consistent with a substance use disorder within the previous year. The co-occurrence of anxiety disorders and substance abuse problems coincides with stronger symptoms and worse outcomes for both conditions.
Regardless of what co-occurring conditions your loved one may have, we provide a comprehensive treatment plan for complex mental illness that will include extensive services to address those disorders. Sustainable wellness will not be achievable unless all mental and behavioral health issues are identified and treated with equal focus and urgency.
How to Help a Loved One Get Treatment for Anxiety Disorders
When someone you love has an anxiety disorder, you can’t always expect them to take the initiative to ask for help. Their anxiety and damaged self-esteem may make it difficult for them to approach other family members since they fear they’ll be judged or criticized. If they’re depressed, they may lack the motivation to ask, believing their situation to be hopeless.
- You can make a difference by offering unconditional love and emotional support, along with practical and logistical assistance if they require intervention.
- You can encourage them and let them know you have faith in their ability to change, which is exactly what they’ll need to hear after years of being plagued by self-doubt and uncertainty.
- Another thing you can provide is accurate information about the recovery process. Their anxiety will inevitably cause some fear of the unknown, and they may have many questions they’d like answered. Through your contacts with mental health professionals and staff members at mental health treatment centers, you can learn a lot about treatment and the challenges involved in tackling a serious anxiety problem.
- Continue to show your support through the treatment process by participating and healing as a family.
At BrightQuest, we understand the enormous burden anxiety disorders can place on those who have them, and on their family members and friends as well. We can offer you guidance and the benefit of our vast experience, as you make a committed and compassionate attempt to persuade your loved one to accept our help.
Call For a Confidential Phone Assessment.619-466-0547
Your Family’s Involvement in the Treatment Process
At BrightQuest, we value the vital role loved ones can play in a person’s recovery from anxiety disorders and other debilitating conditions.
To keep you informed and involved throughout your family member’s treatment, you’ll be invited to participate in family therapy sessions on a weekly basis. Here you can offer your loved one essential emotional and moral support, as they strive to rise above disabling anxiety and self-doubt. In addition, you can attend biweekly educational groups with other families, where you’ll deepen your knowledge of the recovery process and discuss various ways you can aid your loved one’s search for lasting health and happiness.
Beyond your direct involvement in your loved one’s recovery plan, we can offer you aid and comfort during multi-family support group meetings, which take place every other month at both our San Diego and Nashville facilities. You can benefit greatly from the understanding and support of trained mental health professionals, and from other men and women facing the same challenges in their families.
At BrightQuest, we embrace holistic healing, of the mind, body, and spirit. Through our family-based initiatives, you’ll be welcomed into a vibrant, interconnected support community that champions the cause of those who are in recovery, compassionately and buoyed by a sense of hope.
Why Choose BrightQuest Treatment Centers for Anxiety Disorders Treatment?
BrightQuest has been assisting adults with complex mental health disorders for more than four decades. We create individualized, multilayered, evidence-based treatment plans that are carefully customized to meet the unique needs of men and women with serious and complicated mental health conditions.
The BrightQuest Recovery Experience
At our BrightQuest facilities in San Diego and Nashville, we provide comprehensive therapeutic services targeted at treating anxiety. We’ll also guide and encourage your loved one as they make lifestyle changes that will support wellness in all its aspects, in an atmosphere that encourages and celebrates personal evolution, transformation, and independence.
Our comprehensive program includes:
- Intensive psychotherapy in individual, group, and family therapy formats
- Vocational and educational support
- Instruction in living skills development
- Structuralized socialization for effective anxiety reduction
- Additional specialized programming to supplement treatment and help strengthen a healthier mindset and lifestyle
BrightQuest Levels of Care
Our mission is to lead our clients to good health while guiding them in the development and ability to live independently. We endeavor to equip our clients with the emotional and psychological tools needed to not only defeat anxiety but to change the circumstances that made them vulnerable to anxiety disorders in the first place.
Many of our clients spend a year or more in treatment, based on their pace of recovery. BrightQuest treatment plans are intensive and truly transformative. Our levels of care include:
- 24-Hour Residential
- Semi-Independent Living
- Independent Living
- Extended Services
The BrightQuest Therapeutic Community
During your loved one’s time at BrightQuest, they’ll be immersed in an environment that is 100 percent focused on sustainable healing. Our treatment professionals, staff, and your loved one’s peers will embrace them with acceptance and a welcoming attitude, lifting their spirits and filling them with hope that authentic recovery is within their grasp. In this cooperative, sharing community, you’ll have the opportunity to offer insights and kindness to others as well.
At BrightQuest, we share the goals you have for yourself and your loved one. We’ll help enable your family’s search for long-term health and a life free from the debilitating effects of anxiety and any co-occurring mental health disorders, achieving your goals for a healthier, happier life of lasting change.
If your loved one is suffering from an anxiety disorder, contact us today.