Residential Treatment Center for Major Depressive Disorder
BrightQuest Treatment Centers provides world-class residential treatment for major depressive disorder and other complex mental illnesses. Our unique therapeutic approach and expert staff ensure your loved one receives the treatment and support they need for lasting change. Our evidence-based major depressive disorder treatments, including residential care and therapy, offer the intensity and duration necessary to go beyond immediate stabilization to help our clients attain greater independence.
Major depression is a serious mental illness and mood disorder. It causes a range of symptoms that can vary by individual. These include a depressed mood, sadness, feelings of guilt or worthlessness, loss of interest in typical activities, changes in weight and sleeping habits, fatigue, and suicidal thoughts.
Episodes of depression last for two weeks or longer and can occur on and off throughout a person’s life.
Depression can have a big impact on normal functioning, making ordinary life and healthy relationships very challenging. There is no cure for depression, but there are effective treatments. By learning what effective treatment looks like and understanding the value of long-term residential treatment centers for major depressive disorder, you can help your loved one suffering from depression get the care they need to work toward lasting recovery.
Major Depressive Disorder Treatment
For individuals suffering from major depression, it can be helpful to begin their recovery in a residential treatment program offered by a licensed mental health treatment facility. This is especially true if they have a co-occurring mental health or substance use disorder, and it is absolutely vital for recovery if they have experienced any symptoms of psychosis. Residential treatment is the best option when your loved one suffering from major depressive disorder needs help.
At our BrightQuest locations in San Diego and Nashville, our unique therapeutic model and structure of long-term residential care ensures that your loved one will receive the support necessary for healing and recovery. With the guidance of our clinical team, their fellow peers, and your family involvement, your loved one will work through underlying issues, gain strength, build confidence, regain control of their life, and work toward greater independence.
Treatment Goals for Major Depressive Disorder
Treatment plans developed by experienced mental health professionals can lead to more stable moods, fewer episodes, more manageable symptoms, and greater overall function. Our compassionate clinical team at BrightQuest will provide your loved one with the most advanced care possible in a safe, supportive environment while they work toward major depression treatment goals such as:
- Long-term major depression management
- Better coping skills
- Learning and practicing medication adherence and management of side effects
- Learning to function independently
- Development of a strong social support system
- Healthier Living (eating better, getting enough sleep and exercise, enjoying hobbies)
- Avoiding substance use
- Better communication and relationship skills
- Improved functioning in education and professional environments
- Address other co-occurring mental health disorders
Successful outcomes for major depression treatment are highly favorable when individuals adhere to their treatment plan and are committed to their healing process. The team at BrightQuest will help your loved one every step of the way.
Why Choose BrightQuest?
Focusing on Lasting Behavioral Change
Treatment Options for Major Depressive Disorder
The exact treatment plan used for depression varies by individual, but generally there are three main approaches. Residential treatment is essential for recovery in a safe environment with intensive and focused treatment, but beginning with all three options together may be the best plan for recovery for a lasting and successful outcome:
- Residential treatment. For an individual with severe depression, or with symptoms of psychosis, a period of time in residential care is essential, where the setting is supportive, intensive, and safe. Patients stay in a professionally staffed facility anywhere from a couple of weeks to several months (or longer), getting time to really focus on care while staying safe. As clients stabilize and learn effective coping skills, they can successfully progress throughout a continuum of care, allowing for increased independence and integration into the community.
- Therapy. The best outcomes for managing depression occur when patients use both medications and receive regular therapy. Therapy can be one-on-one, conducted in a group setting, and done with family. With therapy, depression patients can learn to identify triggers of low moods, take steps to avoid or minimize depression episodes, develop better relationships, and make positive lifestyle changes that lead to a better overall quality of life and greater functioning.
- Medications. Antidepressant medications alone are not enough to manage depression, but they do have a big impact and can be highly effective in reducing symptoms and episodes. There are several types of antidepressants generally prescribed, and it can take a few attempts and several months before a psychiatrist and client find the one that works best and causes the fewest side effects.
Begin Your Recovery Journey Today.619-466-0547
Residential Major Depression Treatment
Long-term residential care ensures that your loved one receives the best treatment and support they need for healing. Residential treatment for major depression offers both the intensity and duration of care necessary to go beyond immediate stabilization. By guiding them toward the care necessary for their successful recovery, your loved one can receive intensive supervised treatment while engaging in therapies and practicing independent living skills and regain control of their lives.
At BrightQuest San Diego and BrightQuest Nashville, we allow clients to receive the benefit of a mutually supportive therapeutic community in which daily living experiences become a part of the therapeutic process. Your loved one is able to learn and practice the emotional and behavioral skills needed to address the instability inherent to their depression. Because your loved one interacts with peers and witnesses positive social interactions on an everyday basis, they are able to more fully understand and integrate new skills during their time in treatment at BrightQuest.
Why Choose BrightQuest for Major Depression Treatment?
We understand that one of the toughest decisions you can face is choosing the right treatment option for the one you love. We’ve taken this journey countless times with other families who come through our doors with the same questions. There are several components that make the unique BrightQuest model so successful.
- Admissions Process and Comprehensive Assessment. We provide robust in-depth assessments into our admissions process to ensure accurate diagnoses and most appropriate level of care.
- We Treat the Family. We engage the entire family in treatment so that they can become more successful in navigating life with a loved one experiencing major depression.
- Inclusive Therapeutic Community and Levels of Care. We provide clients appropriate structure, supervision, and support as they progress through treatment in a safe environment that fosters responsibility, accountability, and social connectedness.
- Lasting Behavioral Change. We offer clients the tools, skills, and support necessary to attain greater stability and independence with the confidence and courage to live a healthy, happy, and productive life.
Major depression can co-occur with bipolar disorder, anxiety, trauma, psychosis, and substance use disorders. If you believe your loved one is suffering from a major depressive disorder, contact us today.