Depersonalization Derealization Disorder Treatment
BrightQuest Treatment Centers provide world-class residential treatment for depersonalization/derealization disorder and other complex mental illnesses. Our unique therapeutic approach and expert staff ensure your loved one receives treatment and support they need for lasting change. Our evidence-based depersonalization/derealization disorder treatments, including residential care and therapy, offer the intensity and duration necessary to go beyond immediate stabilization to help our clients attain greater independence.
Depersonalization/derealization disorder is a form of self-defense against stressful or traumatic situations an individual might like to escape. This dissociative disorder creates a sense of disconnection from self and the world, that may become very stressful and debilitating if left untreated. There are other physical and mental health conditions that can cause symptoms of dissociation so making sure to receive a diagnosis from a professional mental health clinician is key to treatment. Fortunately, depersonalization/derealization disorder responds favorably to treatment so making sure your loved one receives a proper diagnosis and treatment is key.
By learning what effective treatment looks like and understanding the value of a long-term inpatient depersonalization/derealization disorder treatment center, you can help your loved one receive the care they need to work toward lasting recovery.
Depersonalization/Derealization Disorder Treatment
Inpatient rehab for depersonalization/derealization disorder ensures a supportive environment, along with 24/7 care, and the peace of mind knowing your loved one is safe. Those diagnosed with this disorder may endure chronic symptoms where they are unable to remain in reality. Recovering from this disorder is hard work, receiving treatment in a residential setting can make you feel confident your loved one is on the right path to recovery.
At our BrightQuest locations in San Diego and Nashville, our unique depersonalization/derealization disorder therapeutic model and structure of long-term residential care ensure that your loved one will receive the support necessary for healing and recovery. With the guidance of our clinical team, their peers, and your family involvement, your loved one will work through underlying issues, gain strength, build confidence, regain control of their life, and work toward greater independence.
Depersonalization/Derealization Disorder Treatment Goals
A comprehensive treatment plan will outline the required steps needed to complete treatment and the tools necessary to take outside of treatment. Our compassionate team at BrightQuest will help your loved one work toward these depersonalization/derealization disorder goals:
- Understanding triggers and learning coping mechanisms
- Reducing or eliminating dissociative states
- Improving relationships
- Addressing other co-occurring mental health disorders
>> More information about our San Diego Treatment Team
>> More information about our Nashville Treatment Team
Depersonalization/Derealization Disorder Treatment Options
While each individual diagnosed with depersonalization/derealization disorder should have a tailored treatment plan there are standard steps in treating this mental health disorder such as:
- Residential Treatment. The best place for your loved one to recover is in a setting designed for treatment and recovery. Inpatient treatment centers offer a proper diagnosis, a tailored treatment plan, administering of medication for any co-occurring disorders, exercise and nutrition, and holistic approaches to healing.
- Therapy. Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and psychodynamic therapy can help the individual learn to break their dysfunctional patterns of thinking and acting. In addition to individual therapy, family therapy can also be beneficial.
- Medications. While medications are not recommended for depersonalization/derealization disorder on its own, many suffering also have a co-occurring disorder where antianxiety or antidepressant medications may be administered.
- Holistic. Holistic healing methods have been proven successful in helping individuals recover from depersonalization/derealization disorder. Creating a grounded sense of consciousness practices like meditation, yoga, tai chi, acupuncture, music and art therapy are helpful in treatment.
Call For a Confidential Phone Assessment.619-466-0547
Inpatient Treatment for Depersonalization/Derealization Disorder
Receiving treatment in a residential setting gives your loved one the best opportunity for living a symptom-free life. Left untreated depersonalization/derealization disorder can be debilitating, with time the frequency of dissociative states can increase causing the individual and family members to endure copious amounts of stress, feel frightened for the sufferer’s safety, and overwhelmed with dealing with the symptoms. In addition to therapy, inpatient treatment will provide a safe environment designed for recovery, including holistic therapies, group support, family counseling nutrition, and exercise.
Why Choose BrightQuest for Depersonalization/Derealization Disorder Treatment
We understand that one of the toughest decisions you can face is choosing the right treatment option for the one you love. We’ve taken this journey countless times with other families who once came through our doors with the same questions. There are several components that make the unique BrightQuest model so successful.
- Admissions Process and Comprehensive Assessment. We provide robust in-depth assessments into our admissions process to ensure accurate diagnoses and most appropriate level of care.
- We Treat the Family. We engage the entire family in treatment so that they can become more successful in navigating life with a loved one experiencing depersonalization/derealization disorder.
- Inclusive Therapeutic Community and Levels of Care. We provide clients appropriate structure, supervision, and support as they progress through treatment in a safe environment that fosters responsibility, accountability, and social connectedness.
- Lasting Behavioral Change. We offer clients the tools, skills, and support necessary to attain greater stability and independence with the confidence and courage to live a healthy, happy, and productive life.
Our main goal at BrightQuest is to support your loved one in learning the skills they need to live a happy, healthy, and independent life. It’s that simple.