Residential Treatment for Co-Occurring Major Depression and PTSD
Major depression and PTSD are a devastating and incapacitating combination. Those who develop both disorders together desperately need expert mental health intervention, which is exactly what they’ll get if they come to BrightQuest for assistance. BrightQuest’s residential treatment program for co-occurring major depression and PTSD is a potent and empowering antidote to the ravages of these debilitating disorders, and we’ve helped many people who’ve had them to find lasting good health.
Residential Treatment for Co-Occurring Disorders at BrightQuest
People who suffer from prolonged and chronic anxiety of any type are vulnerable to developing mood disorders, and especially major depression. Trauma is another significant risk factor for depression, and is frequently an issue when co-occurring mental health disorders are diagnosed.
Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a trauma-related disorder that causes significant levels of anxiety, which may be persistent and also triggered by exposure to certain environments. Approximately half of those who are diagnosed with PTSD will also have major depression at some point in their lives, which is not surprising given the pathway the two disorders share.
The combination of PTSD and major depression is doubly debilitating. Intervention for these co-occurring conditions must be intensive and concentrate on all the symptoms displayed. Residential treatment plans must be carefully coordinated, to make sure therapeutic methodologies, medications, and complementary healing services address each condition with equal focus and comprehensiveness.
Treatment for major depression and PTSD at BrightQuest is evidence-based, intricately structured, and highly personalized, producing the best immediate results and increases the chances for a sustainable long-term recovery. We treat the symptoms of each disorder, explore the hidden causes of your loved one’s life difficulties, and patiently teach them practical strategies for coping and living that can keep depression and chronic anxiety at bay.
Our comprehensive recovery plans are tailored for holistic wellness, which means we treat the mind, body, and spirit simultaneously. Our professionally designed treatment plans include the following essential elements:
- Admissions and Comprehensive Assessment Services. When your family arrives at BrightQuest, you’ll work with an empathic and trained admissions specialist, who can help you through our assessment process. Our thorough and sophisticated evaluation and diagnostic services will help us identify the nature of your loved one’s health difficulties, so we can design a customized treatment plan that will produce lasting results.
- Family Involvement. Our family program will recruit you as valuable allies in your loved one’s recovery. Your kind and loving support will motivate your loved one’s efforts to heal, and we’ll show you how you can have a constructive influence in their lives both in the present and in the future.
- An Inclusive Therapeutic Community and Multiple Levels of Care. At BrightQuest, we strive to create an environment where everyone feels accepted, respected, and truly heard. Our inclusive therapeutic community will soothe your loved one’s wounded spirits, while encouraging them to confront their mental health struggles openly and honestly. To make sure their personal transformation is complete, we’ll provide them with carefully multidimensional healing services delivered through multiple levels of care.
- Lasting Behavioral Change. Our treatment professionals will teach your loved one how to manage their anxiety and depression effectively regardless of the circumstances, so they can assume responsibility for their own stability and peace of mind.
Symptoms of Major Depression and PTSD
Major depression inhibits functioning at home, in the workplace, in school, and in the world at large. People with depression may look fine on the outside, but inside they’re trapped in a void where emptiness and despair are predominant.
The telltale signs of major depression include:
- Emotional flatness or detachment
- A complete loss of motivation to perform even simple tasks
- Feelings of unreality or disconnection
- An inability to experience pleasure
- A pessimistic attitude and a sense of hopelessness
- Severely disrupted sleeping patterns
- Extreme social withdrawal
- Suicidal thoughts
While major depression emerges from stress, anxiety, and existential unhappiness, PTSD is a trauma-based disorder caused by exposure to shocking or horrific events. Those who’ve been victimized or abused physically, sexually, or emotionally, or who’ve watched loved ones or other innocents experience such abuse, could be vulnerable to developing PTSD.
The symptoms of PTSD include:
- Frequent flashbacks to traumatic occurrences
- Persistent and intrusive memories of the trauma
- Hypervigilance (always being on the alert for danger)
- Sudden mood swings
- An inability to focus or concentrate
- Hypersensitivity to sound
- A hair-trigger startle reflex
- Free-floating anxiety, or feelings of detachment from reality
- Recurrent nightmares
Overcoming major depression and PTSD is challenging. But our precisely targeted therapeutic approach can equip your loved one with the tools and insights they need to eliminate the overwhelming influence of these disorders in their life.
Seeking Co-Occurring Major Depression and PTSD Treatment for Your Loved One
While depression saps motivation, PTSD keeps those who have it constantly on edge. The combination of low energy and persistent anxiety associated with major depression and PTSD is both painful and exhausting, and those who experience these feelings may succumb to deep despair.
Ideally, men and women facing complex mental health challenges would ask for help on their own. But too often they are so overwhelmed psychologically and emotionally that they are unable to take action, which means nothing will change unless their loved ones step in.
If you care about someone who’s showing signs of significant mental distress, you should perceive the situation as an emergency and act accordingly. With a kind tone and a reassuring approach, you should persist until you’re able to convince them that better days lie ahead, if they’re willing to accept professional help.
At BrightQuest, we understand how people who’ve battled complex co-occurring mental disorders can become discouraged. Our highly experienced treatment professionals can help them gradually break free from the shackles of their debilitating symptoms, until they can once again begin to imagine a future where depression and PTSD are no longer in command.
Begin Your Recovery Journey Today.619-466-0547
Family Involvement in the Treatment Process
At BrightQuest, we strongly encourage family members to become active supporters of recovery. We know from long experience that family participation in treatment increases the odds of success, and can increase them quite dramatically when family support is enduring and motivated by deep love.
Our expansive family program includes:
- Family therapy. Family therapy sessions at BrightQuest are dynamic, enlightening, solution-oriented, and focused on helping you all identify and replace unhelpful patterns of behavior. As an active supporter of your loved one’s recovery, your participation can make a profound difference, offering extra inspiration and motivation.
- Biweekly psychoeducational groups. In these highly informative expert-led sessions, you’ll expand your knowledge about mental illness and treatment, and learn more about what you can do to keep your family member healthy once treatment ends and they’re ready to return to their normal lives.
- Bimonthly family weekends. No one should feel isolated while in treatment, and our family weekend initiative helps remind our clients that they are loved, cherished, and remembered. These special family events keep them focused on the future, and make them feel encouraged and hopeful.
- Multi-family support groups. We are pleased to sponsor bimonthly group meetings for the loved ones of our clients, who can learn from each other while offering understanding and vital emotional support. A mental health crisis can affect an entire family, and these enlightening group sessions can provide you with the insights and motivation you need to keep moving forward.
When long-term wellness and peace of mind are at stake, family support matters. In fact, it can make the decisive difference for men and women whose fates and fortunes are being threatened by the devastating consequences of co-occurring major depression and PTSD. At BrightQuest, we welcome your contributions to your loved one’s healing plan, which will make a deep and lasting impact during treatment and beyond.
Why Choose BrightQuest for Major Depression and PTSD Treatment?
Serious mental health disorders like major depression and PTSD take hold of someone’s life and are reluctant to let go. Willpower alone won’t expel them, but the professionally designed and delivered treatment services offered at BrightQuest can break the grip of even the most disabling mental health conditions, decisively and irrevocably.
Your Residential Treatment Experience at BrightQuest
When you bring your loved one to our recovery facilities in San Diego and Nashville, you can rest assured that their struggles will be acknowledged, their efforts to recover respected, and their strength and resiliency praised and reinforced. They will gradually heal in relaxing surroundings sharing quality time with compassionate counselors and supportive peers, giving them a true opportunity to grow and develop as a human being.
We provide our clients access to the most effective evidence-based therapies, administered by treatment experts who are empathic, sensitive, and patient.
Our treatment plans include:
- Daily therapy in individual, group, and/or family sessions
- Monitored use of prescription medications for depression and PTSD
- Vocational counseling and educational classes
- Personalized instruction in living skills and coping strategies
- Individualized wellness programming that promotes robust recovery and a health-oriented lifestyle
BrightQuest Levels of Care for Co-Occurring Major Depression and PTSD
BrightQuest’s comprehensive, multidimensional recovery plans are structured to promote profound change. To facilitate your loved one’s unique journey, we will offer them access to multiple levels of care, each of which is appropriate for a different stage of recovery. Major depression and PTSD are stressful and difficult to overcome quickly, but we will lead them through a progressive healing process that can produce a sustainable and impressive transformation.
The levels of care offered at BrightQuest include:
- Intensive Residential. Our most intensive residential program is designed to assist men and women who have severe health conditions that might prevent them from succeeding in treatment right away. Clients who start in 24-hour residential treatment will be monitored and cared for around the clock, until their serious mental, behavioral, or physical symptoms have reduced in intensity and are under control. Once the crisis has passed, formal treatment can begin.
- Community-Based Residential. Clients who start in or progress to our community-based residential program receive 24-hour staff support and begin to learn the fundamental skills needed to manage their households, such as medication management, budgeting, cooking, and grocery shopping. Clinical services for residents of a community-based residential house will be provided both onsite in the home and at the BrightQuest offices.
- Semi-Independent Living. In our semi-independent living program, multiple clients live together in a spacious, comfortable house close to the main BrightQuest facility, with consistent but limited monitoring from BrightQuest personnel. Clients in semi-independent living receive a full menu of mental health recovery services, while sharing household management duties and learning to handle important life responsibilities. This unique program helps our clients rebuild their self-confidence and develop a stronger sense of purpose, through their successful completion of their treatment program and the practice they gain in self-sufficient living.
- Independent Living. The transition from semi-independent living to fully independent living is an important step for individuals who are nearing the completion of their treatment programs. Our counselors prepare our clients to successfully manage their recovery and their daily lives after they leave our care, and our independent living program can help them complete a sustainable conversion to a healthy and sustainable lifestyle.
- Extended Services. Our comprehensive aftercare program is an essential element of our approach to treatment. Through continuing participation in individual, group, and family therapy sessions, and other healing and self-development activities, BrightQuest clients will continue to embrace wellness with energy and enthusiasm.
The BrightQuest Therapeutic Community
Individuals who come to BrightQuest to heal receive the remarkable combination of compassion and expertise our mental health experts demonstrate on a daily basis. Their peers are equally encouraging and willing to share uplifting words of hope. Everyone works diligently to create a healing community that is caring, concerned, and attentive to each individual’s physical, psychological, emotional, and spiritual needs.
Our talented and experienced clinical team is here to help your family member bridge the gap between depression and anxiety and a calm, healthy, and satisfying life, so they can cross over into a more promising and rewarding future. Dramatic change won’t happen overnight, but gradual and profound transformation is possible—we know, because we’ve seen many individuals make an amazing turnaround, after finishing a comprehensive BrightQuest recovery program.
If your loved one is suffering from Co-Occurring Major Depression and PTSD, contact us today.