Dissociative Amnesia Treatment
BrightQuest Treatment Centers provide world-class residential treatment for dissociative amnesia and other complex mental illnesses. Our unique therapeutic approach and expert staff ensure your loved one receives treatment and support they need for lasting change. Our evidence-based dissociative amnesia treatments, including residential care and therapy, offer the intensity and duration necessary to go beyond immediate stabilization to help our clients attain greater independence.
Dissociative amnesia is a type of dissociative disorder that causes a disconnection from reality, specifically a loss of memories that can be short term or persist. The cause of the memory loss is usually due to a traumatic experience, where the memory loss is an involuntary way of coping with the trauma.
An individual with dissociative amnesia may be unable to remember a period of time, specific events or parts of those events, a person, or in some rare cases they may not remember their entire past and identity. The memory loss can last for minutes, hours, weeks, months, and in very rare cases the loss can last for years. There is hope for recovery with treatment.
By learning what effective treatment looks like and understanding the value of a long-term inpatient dissociative amnesia disorder treatment center, you can help your loved one receive the care they need to work toward lasting recovery.
Dissociative Amnesia Treatment
Residential treatment is the best option for your loved one suffering from dissociative amnesia. This may be especially helpful if there is a co-occurring mental health or substance use disorder. Treatment will help your loved one recover their lost memories and learn how to cope with the trauma that brought on dissociative amnesia. The time needed for treatment varies from one individual to another, their memories may come back quickly or slowly over a long period of time. In very rare cases an individual may never have their memories restored but treatment can help improve everyday function.
At our BrightQuest locations in San Diego and Nashville, our unique dissociative amnesia therapeutic model and structure of long-term residential care ensure that your loved one will receive the support necessary for healing and recovery. With the guidance of our clinical team, their peers, and your family involvement, your loved one will work through underlying issues, gain strength, build confidence, regain control of their life, and work toward greater independence.
Dissociative Amnesia Treatment Goals
Following a treatment plan prescribed by a professional mental health clinician will provide your loved one the best outcome for recovery. Cases of dissociative amnesia can vary from one individual to another but psychotherapy is the backbone of treatment for all cases. Some goals your loved one may reach in therapy are:
- Restoring memories
- Coping with past traumas
- Repairing relationships
- Restoring normal functioning
The professional team at BrightQuest are ready to help your loved one reach these goals and live a healthier life.
>> More information about our San Diego Treatment Team
>> More information about our Nashville Treatment Team
Dissociative Amnesia Treatment Options
In order for your loved one to rediscover their memories, they must deal with their past trauma and learn coping mechanisms in therapy. There are no approved medications for treating dissociative amnesia. Therapy will also help your loved one regain their memories and restore normal everyday functioning.
- Residential Treatment. Sending your loved one to inpatient treatment for dissociative amnesia will provide them with a well-rounded recovery treatment plan. A mental health rehab center will give your loved one the therapy, support, and tools needed for after treatment.
- Therapy. As the main form of treatment, there are a few therapies for treating dissociative amnesia; cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), and eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR). Creative therapies like art or music are also used to help patients open up and explore their emotions and memories.
Call For A Confidential Phone Assessment.619-466-0547
Inpatient Treatment for Dissociative Amnesia
In addition to therapy, residential treatment will provide a safe and supportive environment created for recovery, including holistic therapies, group support, family counseling nutrition, and exercise. Professional mental health clinicians will address all symptoms for your loved one, who may be suffering from an underlying mental health disorder or substance abuse. The caring and compassionate team at BrightQuest are here to help ensure your loved one is in the best environment for treatment.
Why Choose BrightQuest for Dissociative Amnesia Treatment?
We understand that one of the toughest decisions you can face is choosing the right treatment option for the one you love. We’ve taken this journey countless times with other families who once came through our doors with the same questions. There are several components that make the unique BrightQuest model so successful.
- Admissions Process and Comprehensive Assessment. We provide robust in-depth assessments into our admissions process to ensure accurate diagnoses and most appropriate level of care.
- We Treat the Family. We engage the entire family in treatment so that they can become more successful in navigating life with a loved one experiencing dissociative amnesia.
- Inclusive Therapeutic Community and Levels of Care. We provide clients appropriate structure, supervision, and support as they progress through treatment in a safe environment that fosters responsibility, accountability, and social connectedness.
- Lasting Behavioral Change. We offer clients the tools, skills, and support necessary to attain greater stability and independence with the confidence and courage to live a healthy, happy, and productive life.